Saturday, February 6, 2010

What a session!

I have to say I wasn't looking forward to a boring 64 min on my trainer today (still -18 outdoors) but I can't remember the last time I had such a great workout. I teach group bootcamp classes so I was pretty warmed up by the time I got on the bike.

First 50 min was 85 rpm (53x19) and struggled to keep from checking the clock. I was amazed at my HR though because yesterday I averaged 154 but today 146! The first 50 min seemed effortless (leg wise) so I decided to do a 10 min tempo interval and then a 5 min cooldown to finish my session.

Tempo Zone HR - Avg 156, Watts Avg 225, 53/17 @ 85 RPM AVG, RPE - 6/10! Could have done twice that amount but I'm still in EM and only doing one Tempo interval/wk now to be ready for my three times/wk Tempo block starting in a couple of weeks.

1 comment:

  1. I heard that Lance is still looking for riders! Sounds like you are progressing just fine! My hats goes off to you and to all that ride indoors because I have no idea how you overcome the boredom factor.

    ReplyDelete