Tuesday, February 2, 2010

8 weeks and counting

Got my first set of Powercranks in Dec and using them about 4-6 times per week since. I'm a heavier rider, a sprinter, Master B 46yrs young with my long-term goal of competing and winning at the World's UCI Masters in Austria in 2013 in the 50-52 yr age group.

Started with the PC's as recommended on my indoor trainer at low rpm 60-65. After 8 weeks I'm averaging 85RPM, now using them on my rollers --- with new difficulty. Just when I thought I had made it through the 'learning curve'. Then I went outdoors. A big change going over bumps, around obstacles, braking, both feet at the bottom, and of course transitioning from flat, slowing into a corner to uphill --- thats going to take more work.

I would like to thank Andrew at Powercranks for all his advice and excellent customer service so far. I have my second set of lab testing in 6 weeks so I'm looking to seeing the effect the PC's have had on my training. I had not used them for my first test last Nov.

I did a ride the other day --- the temp had gone up to +, its cold here on the east coast of Canada --- on regular cranks with my training partner (a pure climber). A month ago he left me easily on a 500 m climb where he finished while I was still only two-thirds of the way up. Last week, I was in front of him and powered over the top. Did it seated and felt great.

I'm heading to Italy to train for three weeks in April and can't wait to see what the PC's will do for my cycling and running for this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment