Tuesday, March 23, 2010

New SS Block

Hey

Well the weather here in the Maritimes last week was just amazing, eventhough on the nicest day of the week at 18 degrees Celcius I didn't even get out on my bike. Last week finished tempo block with a 50 min 275W avg workout and 12 hours outdoors. It was a very nice week.

Today 30 mm rain! Just finished my first Steady State session - Two 8 min intervals with 15 min ramp up warm-up and 8 min rest period between intervals.

INT #1 - 85 AVG RPM / 265 AW
INT #2 - 86 AVG RPM / 275 AW (this is what I was aiming for)

Thur 2 x 10 / Sun 2 x 12 with 1:1 W/R Ratio / Week 3 doing 3 sets / Week 4 doing 4 sets

Goal is to get all intervals above 275 AW and 90 RPMS. We'll see how it goes.

But, it was a great but tough workout. I find the first one always is.

I know I'm suppose to take a week recup between training blocks but since I got lazy and started my Tempo block a week late, I think its better to take an easy week before I head on my three week vacation where I will be doing average 20 hrs per week + a few 5-10k runs. The goal there is climb/miles/weight loss of 5-7 lbs

I'll keep my total volume the same this week instead of adding an hour and a half as planned.

The result of the Rusko recovery test on Wed might indicate differently though.

Ciao

1 comment:

  1. Good luck looking to drop 5-7lbs while in Italy ... All you are going to do is MANGIARE! Keep us posted on how you do and have fun on your vacation.

    ReplyDelete